Many thanks to NB Communication Ltd for creating the website.
The photos of 59 King Harald Street and 80 Commercial Street were taken by Mark Sinclair from PhatSheep photography.
The Up-Helly-Aa photo was taken from 59a King Harald Street by Ben Mullay.
The Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) photo was taken by Ivan Hawick.
Wildlife images on this site supplied by Brydon Thomason of Shetland Nature.
Shetland web sites
We have also included below a list of websites that are useful for you planning your visit to Shetland and also whilst you are here on your holiday.
- Promote Shetland is the local marketing organisation
- Visit Scotland
Travelling to Shetland
- John Leask & Sons (local travel agent and car hire)
- Northlink Ferries (Aberdeen to Lerwick car ferry)
- Loganair (your destination airport is Sumburgh)
Travelling in Shetland
Islesburgh Community Centre
- Café with free Wi-Fi available - Islesburgh Complex
Shetland Recreational Trust
- Including Clickimin Leisure complex (Lerwick) https://www.srt.org.uk/
Shetland Historic trips
News and Radio
- Shetland Times
- Shetland News
- BBC Radio Shetland
- SIBC (Shetland Islands Broadcasting Company)
- Local Shetland Forum and information board
- Local Tour Guide (Historical and Nature) Island Trails
Sporting Opportunities whilst in Shetland
- Shetland Recreational Trust (8 centres throughout the islands)
Local Shopping highlights
46 Commercial Street, Lerwick
Tel:+44 (0)1595 693372
Lower Hillhead, Lerwick
Market Cross, , Commercial Street, Lerwick, Shetland ZE1 0LU
Tel:+44 (0)8701 999 440/+44(0)1595 693434, Fax:+44(0)1595 695807
Good banking choice, mainly on Commercial Street
Bank of Scotland
117 Commercial Street, Lerwick, Shetland
P.O Box 33, , Commercial Street, Lerwick
Tel:+44 (0)1595 695664
Victoria Buildings, Esplanade, Lerwick,
Royal Bank of Scotland
P.O Box 5, 81, Commercial St, Lerwick
Tel:+44 (0)1595 694520
66 Commercial St, Lerwick
Tel 0845 765 4321