‘Houll’, 59 King Harald Street, Lerwick, Shetland
View Floor Plan
History of the Building
59 King Harald Street is the ground floor flat of an Edwardian villa. It is in part of the New Town of Lerwick which was developed in the late 19th and early 20th century. This house named ‘Houll’ was completed in 1912.
The house was bought by Mr & Mrs Crossan in the early 70’s and has been thoroughly renovated and well maintained since then. Access to the property is all on the flat (from the back door), there are a few steps up to the front door. There is an established garden at both front and rear of the flat.
The flat is situated in centre of Lerwick overlooking King George V children’s play park and beautiful flower park. There are open views up to Lerwick Town Hall and County Buildings. It is close to all amenities and an ideal base from which to explore Shetland.
- Spacious room with view up to Lerwick Town Hall
- Two 2 Seater sofas and a single seat chair
- iPod / MP3 Docking station with FM radio
- T.V with Freeview set top box
- DVD player and a selection of DVDs
- Electric Fire
- Bookcase with selection of novels and Shetland Books
- Oak Coffee Table with matching nest of tables
- Lamp for reading & crafts.
- Pine dining table and chairs
- Comfortable Double Spring Action Sofa Bed
- Electric cooker with ceramic hob
- Fridge freezer
- Washing Machine
- Dining Table and chairs
- Large Pulley over radiator
- Ample crockery and cutlery
- Variety of pans and dishes
- Iron and ironing board
- Vacuum cleaner
- Clothes basket and pegs – access to clothes line at rear of flat
- Toilet and wash hand basin
- Bath with overhead power shower
- Heated towel rail
- Spacious room with view over George V play park
- Double bed with king size duvet
- Cot and bedding
- T.V. with Freeview set top box
- Antique Pine furniture
- Radio/alarm clock
- Wicker chair
- Blanket box filled with towels
- Original fireplace (feature, not in use)
- 2 single beds
- Pine wardrobe
Central Heating is provided from Lerwick District Heating Scheme. Radiators are in every room and can be adjusted according to your preference.
Electricity, bed linen, towels and dishtowels included in hire.
There is an established garden at the front and rear of the flat. There is a clothes line and garden seat at the rear.
Wi-Fi is available on request. Please let us know in advance and we will make the necessary arrangements for you.
Babies and Young children
We can supply a travel cot, high chair and other equipment if required. Please ask in advance and we’ll let you know what we can do.
No Smoking and No Pets
Our property is non-smoking and we do not allow pets. We realise this will inconvenience a few, however it is at the request of the majority.
If this is ignored, there will be a £50 surcharge for cleaning.
Excellent view point for the Up Helly Aa procession and burning in January and the mid Summer carnival in June.
There is unrestricted parking on King Harald Street with your vehicle viewable from the living room and bedroom 1. There is private off road overnight parking available if required.
- Children’s Play park (across the street)
- Flower Park with putting green, bowling green and tennis court (across the street)
- Islesburgh Community Centre – (includes a café, wi-fi and internet access, Shetland Box office)
- Shops, restaurants, pubs all within a few minutes’ walk
- Museum and Archives
- Shetland Family History Society
- Town Hall
The flat is located in central Lerwick and can be clearly seen on our Lerwick Amenities Location Map.
From Tourist Information Centre
From Lerwick Tourist Office, leave Esplanade passing the Royal Mail Office and continue on A970 and turn right into King Harald Street. If walking turn left along Commercial Street to Charlotte Street. Go up here and down Town Hall Brae and King Erik Street, this leads on to King Harald Street, turn right and house is on left hand side.
From Sumburgh Airport take the A970 road north to Lerwick - 25 miles keep to the Town Centre - Harbour sign at the roundabout continue for approximately 0.5 miles taking the 5th road on left from roundabout into King Harald Street. Continue along King Harald Street past Islesburgh Youth Hostel. House is nearby on left hand side.
From NorthLink Ferry Terminal take road to Town Centre, take the 6th road on the right past the road island (Royal British Legion is on the left hand side of the road), this is King Harald Street. Continue along this street past Harbour Street on left. House is on right hand side just before the next left hand junction that leads up to the Town Hall.
For all enquiries about 59 King Harald Street, Lerwick, contact Violet Crossan:
Tel. 01595 693054